Gallery

Thursday 30 August 2012

LOTRO: My happy war-steed


After our victory of yesterday, I went straight to the Ox-clan merchant camp to barter for something I had wanted for quite some time: the Prized Isengard War-steed. I needed just one more sigil fragment to get it, but we've been wiping over and over on Saruman T2 the past weeks, so I didn't really get any new ones. I thought it was fitting that defeating him now got me enough to finally get it. I was so happy with the horse that I wasted some medallions and seals to barter for the crappy but good-looking Tower of Orthanc robe to go with it. I think the horse was happy with me too, seeing its expression on the picture above.

That was all for today, now only some revealing pictures of Ravanel on her new steed.


Breaking news: Ravanel can be scary! I'm not really sure why she's punching the sky and who catches her furious gaze behind her. Suggestions?


       Isengard Victory set        


You can see that the robe and the steed are meant to fit together by the grey decoration they both have on the fabric - and I love it. The best colour that fitted with the steed was actually grey, but I thought the total picture looked a bit depressing like that. With the robe dyed navy it looks a bit happier. Even though the navy doesn't fit the steed's armour plates perfectly, I feel it's close enough.

I was lazy and didn't pick any fitting gloves and head piece. Sometimes it's just nice to put on a robe and jump on your horse.


PS - Sorry for the terrible title, I simply couldn't resist!

12 comments :

  1. Oh, how pretty! Congrats on your war steed - Ravanel looks so lovely riding her new horse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That IS the happiest steed I have seen in a while! :D
    He is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me too! I think it is the nicest one so far of the available armoured steeds.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. Good choice on the Navy dye. And Congratulations on obtaining the steed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! :)

    My guess is that Ravanel is making a scary face and punching the air because someone is probably eyeing her new horse. So she is showing what will happen if someone tries to steal it!

    Also, the robe looks gorgeous dyed blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on getting the horse AND for taking down Saruman!

    great screenshots :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm blown away by the amazing photography again! WOW that top image - fantastic!

    Hey, you know about our "World Today" challenge over on iRez, yes? You should totally post some of these amazing things from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, thank you, and I'll certainly do that. I'm usually a bit shy, am not sure if people are interested in that sort of stuff at all, especially when I see the amazing virtual photography of Strawberry Singh. I'll try to get over it, kick myself and post something there regularly. I do make so many screenshots in-game!

      Delete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.