Gallery

Monday 13 April 2015

Griffons!


Today in griffon-related news. The good news: Guild Wars 2 has griffons! The bad news: they want me for breakfast...

I feel so sad each time I need to kill a griffon. I also feel conflicted about having griffon omelet for breakfast, even though you could interpret that as appropriate payback.

Oh, and if the above griffon looks a bit weird to you, that's because it is an "owl griffon". Apparently just being a griffon alone just doesn't do it anymore. No, if you want to be a respectable griffon you need to have sex with an owl, or a hawk, or, well, anything with wings other than a griffon and create special offspring. This really is a swag griffon.

Behold, the plush griffon. Following you around, but no biting.

On a more positive note, I saw someone with a griffon mini. I mean, a griffon mini, you know, one of those tiny pets you can have. How cool is that?! I really want one now. I don't have to think about what minis I'd like on all my characters anymore, I just want a griffon for each of them. Now here's to hoping there's some sort of account unlock available.

I talked to the pool of wisdom that is called Lothirieth in-game and that was great fun. She told me that tonics for permanent plush griffons cost a fortune at the trading post, and that you can only get the minis themselves during the Wintersday event, which is... (wait for it) in the winter. So I just missed it!


Fortunately, Lothirieth was super sweet and gave me these griffon tonics, with which I can transform into a griffon when my plush griffon anticipation level gets too high (see the middle picture). I'm looking forward to next winter already.

What do you say: quaggans or griffons?


5 comments :

  1. I say Charrs. :p

    ...

    Oh, fine! Charrs, Quaggans and Griffons! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's the permanent plush griffon tonics that cost a lot. :P The minis are bound, so not available to buy. :( And, once you've unlocked a mini, they're unlocked on your account. So all of your characters can use the same mini. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the clarification, I'll change it in the post. I don't think I feel the need to *permanently* be turned into a griffon, so I'll wait until next winter. ^^ And I'm super happy it'll work for my whole account!

      Delete
  3. Between having to kill griffons and wolfies I always feel bad. I HATE having to do it, but sometimes it's unavoidable. I love my little griffon mini <3 I'm not sure I have any of the tonics though. I would have to check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a griffon mini? I'm so jelly now!

      Delete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.