Gallery

Thursday 10 December 2015

Ravalation's 2015 holiday card swap


Yesterday, I read an inspiring post by Kayly of My Open Sketchbook. In it, she describes her love for physical post cards, a love I definitely share. Many hours of my childhood were spent writing long letters with glittery pens to penpals abroad, then attaching lots of colourful stickers until the paper was cluttered (I felt my letters should always be filled, otherwise surely it would look like I didn't have enough inspiration!).

Although my love for glittery pens has faltered, I still love snail mail and yearly send paper Christmas or New Year's holiday cards, even in these digital days. I usually try to include one of my many fandoms in it: I've had dragon, Tolkien, MMO and archaeology themed cards in the past. I'm not sure yet what I'll do for this year; maybe I'll include them all.

Following Kayly's example (and with her kind permission) I'm hosting a holiday card swap of my own. If you share my love of physical cards, you can leave your address in the form below - don't worry, I'll treat it confidentially. I will e-mail you my address in return and we can send each other a holiday card!



Some pointers:
  • I'm opening up the card swap internationally - my own address will be in the Netherlands. 
  • I'll try to send out cards during the course of next week or the week after. Mind you, it may take a while to arrive depending on your location.
  • Also, it doesn't matter if you use your real name or pseudonym; the postman will deliver either way - just go with what you feel comfortable with.

This is a bit of an experiment: I know that the majority of my readers are gamers and I feel they are generally more careful with their anonymity and private life than most, so I have no idea if people want to participate in a card swap at all. I totally understand if it isn't your cup of tea; don't feel bad. But for those that do sign up: I can't wait to see your cards!

9 comments :

  1. I love this idea SO MUCH! And I signed up. ^_^ I think I might try something like this next year, as I too love penpal letters and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another snail mail lover! Super awesome that you're participating. And even better if you do one yourself next year. How cool would it be if this would become a thing among gaming bloggers at some point. :D

      Delete
  2. Yay, so glad you decided to host one too! Snail mail is just the best. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am glad that you didn't mind me stealing your idea. I'm so excited for this! ^^

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't mind photo cards. (Yes, of the mini-Reds. They're old enough that they're not fond of this any more, but they'll live.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be absolutely awesome to see some faces by the loveable but (to me) abstract mini-Reds. I'm really excited for your card already (and what faces they'll be making on it, hehe)!

      Delete
    2. They just smile. Sometimes the smiles are strained, like the "I'm-smiling-why-can't-you-just-finish-this-damn-picture-right-now!!!" sort of strained, but they don't outright rebel.

      (Yet.)

      Delete
  4. Love the idea! But as usual I arrive super late :o I had a very busy Xmas... siiiiigh ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They happened to become New Year's cards and I have exactly one left over. So if you'd like it, feel free to sign up. :)

      I hope you had a nice Christmas, even if it was busy.

      Delete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.